As many of you know, the All Gauge Model Railway Club Inc received a letter from the Camp Hill Carina Welfare Association (Clem Jones Community Centre) summarily asking the Club to leave its clubhouse by the end of December 2017: “We give you notice to deliver up possession of the premises described as the 2 storey building in the western carpark (adjacent to the pool complex of the Clem Jones Centre) which you hold for us as tenants on the 31st day of December 2017 or on the last day of the period of your tenancy next following the giving of this notice.”
So, 30 years after Clem Jones’ personal invitation to join him at his Brisbane people’s community facility, we have been instructed to leave so that our clubhouse can be demolished to make way for a car park.
The Club will have to completely re-establish itself. The Club Committee is now working to ensure that our departure does not end our Club.
On receiving the letter, the president and the club committee have been in contact with our patron, Councillor Ryan Murphy. We have established three sub-committees to assist in finding us new premises. These sub-committees are now working on this task.
Members will be provided with updates via our website, in emails and at the next Members’ Meeting.
Members and the public can also act now to support us in these efforts.
What you can do:
- Sign the Club’s Petition – Fill in the petition on our website OR the paper petition at the clubhouse.
- Let people know that you care – Write and tell (constructively please) your local BCC Councillor
- Email / write to the Clem Jones Community Centre board members asking them to not destroy our clubhouse… for a carpark!
- 56 Zahel Street, Carina, QLD 4152
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking for premises with at least 300m2. If you can help the club find a new home please contact the President, Ron Parker.
- Phone: 0420597460.
- Email: email@example.com